Friday 1 May 2015

Slight progress

Not much has happened the last week or so model-wise, but there's still a pic or two to post.

Uxia got entirely done, with a couple of glazes on her face and the hair to better blend the layers.


Gotta say I'm pleased with her, she was a joy to paint.
I'm getting closer to finishing a friend for her, a Spetsnaz with boarding shotgun who's currently WiP:
I'm thinking I'll carry the camo pattern over on most of my Ariada, with blue being reserved for non-russian units.

Speaking of WiP models, this guy's needed finishing touches for about a year or so, and I finally got around to it.
He's one of the Hasslefree modern troopers. Excellent quality as usual, but sadly the age of the paintjob is showing, most of it got done a year ago. Still, any repaint will have to wait until I'm through the lead pile, and that'll never happen.
I'm using him as either a chasseur, SAS, scout or spetsnaz with sniper depending on need. I don't think he's done anything yet, but he still gets fielded on occasion.

Digging out stuff from the mini box, I also found my version of Zoe. I've never been a fan of the official model, and when I saw that Hasslefree does a suitable stand-in I had to pick her up:
I haven't posted her anywhere since I mainly go to the official forum these days, and they're not that crazy about third-party models for obvious and understandable reasons. That being said, I needed a proxy and HF does some of the best quality sculpts and castings I've ever had the pleasure to come across. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.
The Pi-Well proxy is a PanO bot I got off ChoKonnits split box service.

That's it for today. My GF just came home from China and my thesis is entering the last stretch, so there might not be an amazing amount of activity here for the next bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment