Wednesday 25 November 2015

Ronin: Ikko-Ikki done!

It's been a while, but I haven't been idle! In fact, I've been productive enough that every time I wanted to update with a new model, I've postponed it because there's always been another model nearly done.

However, with the completion of the Ikko-Ikki part of the Ronin warbands, it has to be time to update.

I'll be honest, I've sorta lost track of what I've posted before and what I haven't, and it seemed easier and just as good to just photo everything, so that's what I've done.

Here they are, all 15 of them.


I snapped some of smaller groups too, since I've yet to figure out how to take proper pics of large groups. I think I might need a larger photo tent at some point.

These guys are, probably obviously, the elite. The front guy with the orange headscarf is a Sohei, a warrior monk who'll be the spiritual leader of the warband. The guy on the right is a Samurai, and the guy with the dark blue shirt is a Hanshou. Background-wise, they're sent by Uesugi Kenshin to make sure the religious fanatics he's decided to fund/exploit as catspaws are pointed the right direction, and give them a bit of punch.

These 5 are the Monto, members of the religious militia. There's not much to say about them, they're simply light infantry with slightly more erratic equipment modelling-wise than the Ashigaru from the Bushi list. 2 with spears, yari, 2 with katanas, and a banner-carrier to keep the peasants from running away.






Finally, 7 smelly peasants, fired up by the thought of purging the wrong-thinkers from their holy homeland. They're basically cannonfodder, but even cannonfodder gets lucky, and at 4 points a piece there's a lot of them. I'd have liked to double this number in the list actually, to make a proper horde army, but I'm concerned it might have been too much balance wise. Plus, I'd have to paint them.

I've even picked at the civvies as well, and gotten 3 done, plus some houses.


I love the sculpt of the woman with the child. It's probably too difficult to see here, but he's crying his eyes out and she looks unbelievably tired of him. I love that kind of character in a sculpt, and the Perry's really deliver in that regard. I'll admit that there's been a bit of casting errors on them, and sometimes the detail isn't the greatest, but they've actually been FUN to paint, and that matters more.



I'll be testing the rules tomorrow with a friend, so hopefully I can grab some pics of the two completed warbands facing off against each other there.

Ronin-wise, I'm getting close to the end now. There's only 5 models in the last warband, although 2 of them are cavalry, and 3 civilians left unpainted. I'd like to do another building too. It's not actually that unlikely that I can be done in a week or two, and I'm looking forward to it. Firstly, there's a bit of detailing I'd like to do on these guys, but I'm also looking forward to getting back to Infinity.


As always, C&C is much appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment