Tuesday 29 September 2015

Infinity WiPs - Shinobu Kitsune and Antipode handler

As promised, I've gotten back to infinity painting-wise. There's not much to show, but I'm trying to get better at posting WiPs.
First model is an Antipode Handler for Ariadna. I've still got the Antipodes themselves to paint, but they're next in the queue, as I'm excited to see what they're capable of on the table.
She's pretty fun to paint, this one, good sculpt with a suitable level of detail. 


I've also finally gotten to work on Oniwaban Shinobu Kitsune. I've had her for over a year, she's actually the first JSA model I got, and I've been unable to decide how to paint her.
2 days ago, I got Angels painting book, and he mentions using a simple black-grey-white gradient with glazes to paint, in particular swords, so I'll be trying that on her. The basic idea is to have her entirely black/white except her sword and her face, to draw some attention to them.

Her hair still needs work, but I have to decide whether to go for black or white hair.

A question for the reader, then: What colour for the sword? I'm playing with the thought of using a light green like on the studio model, but somehow that doesn't scream "monofilament" to me. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment